Resume writing isn’t easy and a two page, one paragraph resume will get tossed immediately. The following bullet points are a few important tips to remember.
- The purpose of a resume is to land an interview, keep it short an sweet with no personal embellishments
- Use “Keywords” to back up your qualities and strengths
- Proofread, proofread, and proofread forward and backward, then again tomorrow
- Do not include “References” , employers know they are available
- No Pictures or Funky Fonts
- Pay attention to Punctuation, visit this Western Washington University link for “Associated Press Style Essentials”
- Preferably one page, no more than two
- Use “Action Verbs” like managed or planned
- Create an email proof formatting: “Paste” your resume in the body besides sending the “Word” format so it doesn’t look broken when read
- Visit HR Associates “Resources and Downloads” page for interactive “Resume Templates“.
The internet age has created a necessity for electronic email resume submissions. One item on your “Resume Checklist” is to create a contemporary email account with Gmail or Hotmail using your initials or actual name. Creating this account is more professional and your email@example.com will go unnoticed by prospective employers.
HR Associates has many great jobs( https://www.hr-ps.com/jobs/) available in West Central Ohio, step up to an “Exceptional Resume” and get yours.